Friday, April 8, 2011

Romantic Script Fabric

One of the most elegant and romantic trends in fabrics and decorative pillows is the use of script lettering.  Many of the fabric designs are french script or french postal stamps.  The fabric is usually a natural linen or hemp.  These patterns evoke a vintage feeling, when letters were written by hand.  I plan on reupholstering an ottoman with this French Postal Script Fabric,(above)  available at housefabrics.com. I'll post a picture when I am done. I used this same fabric to create some pillows for my etsy shop.   Adding several pillows with a script design to a sofa or chair will bring a touch of old-world charm to your home.  Mix several different patterns together in the same room for a designer look.

Pen Pals Fabric by Waverly.


The Bonjour Pillow from Word Garden on Etsy


Dragonfly Pillow from Rosenberryrooms.com
Nest pillow from potterybarn.com



No comments:

Post a Comment